Affirmations are positive statements or self-scripts that can condition the subconscious mind to help you develop a more positive perception of yourself.
Affirmations can help you to change harmful behaviours or accomplish goals, and they can also help undo the damage caused by negative scripts, those things which we repeatedly tell ourselves (or which others repeatedly tell us) that contribute to a negative self-perception. Affirmations are easy to create and use, but you'll need dedication to make them work.
Think about what negative scripts you want to counteract or what positive goals you want to accomplish. Affirmations can be extremely useful to counteract negative perceptions you have developed about your appearance, your abilities, or your potential (we'll refer to these types of affirmations as "counter-scripts"). Affirmations can also help you achieve specific goals, such as losing weight or quitting smoking. Make a list of your goals or the harmful self-perceptions you want to change.
Prioritize your list of things to work on. You may find that you have a lot of goals or that you need many counter-scripts. It's best, however, to concentrate on just a few affirmations at a time, so choose those that are most important or most urgent and work with those first.
Once you see improvement in those areas or accomplish those goals you can develop new affirmations for other items on your list. You can try using as many affirmations as you want at any given time, but you may want to start by using no more than five.
Writing and Working on your affirmations:
· Start with "I," and be short, clear, and positive. Use present tense.
· Write it in a way that you can feel it right for you (using words that are meaningful for you or in a way that you can believe it)
· For example is you want to use “I Love myself” but you feel that you can’t believe yet, you can try: “I am willing to love myself everyday a little bit more”
· Make your affirmations visible so you can use them. Repetition is the key to making affirmations effective. You want to think about your affirmations several times a day, every day.
· Make a point of writing your affirmations in a journal or diary each morning when you wake up and each night before you go to sleep. Repeat the affirmations to yourself at these times, as well.
· Ideally, your affirmations should be the first thing you think of when you wake up and the last before you go to sleep.
· Meditate on your affirmations. Close your eyes, shut out the rest of the world, and think about your affirmations. Say and repeat the words, but think about what the words mean to you; think about the future and try to feel the emotions that the affirmations evoke.
· Leave reminder cards in various places. Use 3X5 index cards or sticky notes to write your affirmations (one per card). Make several cards for each affirmation, and then leave these cards where you will see them: place one where you sit at the kitchen table, tape one to your car's steering wheel, slip one inside your desk drawer, or stick one to your computer monitor, etc. Each time you see the card, read it and think about what it means.
· Carry your affirmations with you. Make a list of your affirmations and put it in your wallet or purse. If you need a pick-me-up, or if you find yourself about to waver from your goals, get out your affirmations and read them.
· Continue using your affirmations. The more you affirm something, the more firmly your mind will accept it. If you are trying to accomplish a short-term goal, use your affirmations until you have accomplished it. If you simply want to use affirmations as a counter-script, use each one as long as you like.
Here some examples!
· I love and approve myself exactly as I am // I love and accept myself exactly as I am
· I am beautiful and everybody loves me
· Love surrounds me and protects me
· I am willing to: see my own beauty and worth
to love myself exactly as I am
to learn to love and accept myself
· I deserve love and happiness
· I deserve love and I accept it now
· I attract only loving, caring people into my life
· I forgive and I am forgiven
· As I learn to love myself I find it easier to forgive/love/to feel appreciated.
Prosperity and Abundance:
· I deserve the best and I accept it now
· I am open to receive
· I open and receptive to all the good that life have to offer
· Life/Universe/God provides me with everything I need
· I trust that life protects me and brings me everything I need
· Life/Universe/God supports me and guide me
· I am always protected and safe
· All is well
· All is well in my life
· Everything is working out for my highest good
· I trust life/Universe/God to take care of me
· I let go and I trust. I am free
· I trust in the process of life
· I now release myself from all pain, hurt and rejection in my past. I am free
· I have nothing to fear
· Whatever happens I can handle it
· I am healthy, loved and completed
· My healing is already in process
Confidence and Self Esteem:
· I am confident // I believe in myself and my abilities
· I am strong, powerful and confident // I move through life with confidence and ease
· I trust myself // I am good enough, I am more than good enough
· My good comes from everywhere and everyone // My income is constantly increasing
· My work is fulfilling and I am appreciated // I open new doors to life
· Wonderful new opportunities opening up for me
You are always, always loved and protected. You are good enough.
You deserve to live a wonderful life and so it is…
Yoga Fitness Blog
I am Claudia Gutierrez, owner of Yoga Fitness, originally from Argentina and proudly Irish Citizen since 2012.